Okay, it seems like I’m not gonna be able to run eyeMail on my server. After a couple of Google searches, I found out that there could be two things preventing eyeMail from functioning correctly.
One was the MBString PHP module, which as I’ve previously mentioned, I’ve gone through pains to install. The other was the SQLite extension. Well, I tried everything and it seemed to be doing well. But as I searched some more, I realized that my PHP was compiled with PDO-SQLite. But, eyeMail requires the SQLite extention, not the PDO-SQLite.
So, I’ll only be able to run eyeMail on my server if I recompile PHP without the “—without-sqlite” option. Right now, it’s not that important to me, so I’m gonna let it pass.
Yesterday I decided to change my host. So, I bought a tiny 512MB account. This one has a cPanel installed, and they allow me to have custom “php.ini” files. Also, in this cPanel I have access to the PEAR mod-installer module.
But, alas, I forgot to backup my images along with my posts, so, right now, none of my previous posts has any images.
I might be able to get around it once I go to my work. My hope is that since I’d viewed my blog from there, I might be able to extract the images from my cache.
Anyway, I also still haven’t launched the projects’ sub-domain, so right now, I don’t have anything.
But all in all, I’m pretty happy with my new host, as my blog seems to load a lot faster from their servers.